graduation 2024

University limits units

A 16-unit registration limit will be imposed during the early registration period for the fall 2010 semester.

The move was made to ensure that all students get into the classes they need to stay on track for graduation.

The early-registration limit, which begins April 26, was recommended by Fresno State’s Academic Affairs Enrollment Management Group and approved by provost William Covino.

Students will be able to add units after the early-registration period ends.

Dennis Nef, associate vice president and dean of undergraduate studies at Fresno State, said students will be informed by the registrar when they receive their enrollment appointment times.

“Some students are enrolling in a number of units more than they anticipate completing, then dropping courses after school begins,” Nef said in a university press release. “That locks out other students from those courses when seats are limited and could affect their progress toward graduation.”

Nef said that the administration is also concerned that courses be available for new students, both freshman and those who transfer, who will not be registering until June and July.