The Borg identity

John Esquivel / The Collegian

Wall Street may just be a street in lower Manhattan, home to many investment firms and harbor the powerful and corrupt but to business entrepreneur major Kenneth Borg it’s the name that changed his game.

Borg was born in Gilroy, Calif. and moved to Long Beach in the 7th grade. Borg saw a future in football. By 19, he left sandals behind in exchange for cleats when he got recruited to play football for Fresno State. Borg had grand aspirations, however, tearing his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) twice forced the defensive end to medically retire.

Although an upset, the injury allowed Borg to invest in a youthful passion””fashion. In high school Borg’s friend, Nick Brucculeri, started printing political T-shirts. What began as a teen-age hobby turned into a legit company come college. Soon after, the two friends became business partners and WallStreet Clothing was established.

“The difference between WallStreet and other brands is the political and financial ideas behind it, it’s not just another design on a T-shirt,” Borg said. “Like this shirt I’m wearing, “Judge me by my enemies,” It’s a quote by FDR.”

However, Borg doesn’t believe in keeping enemies.

“I don’t know what that says about me,” Borg said. “That’s up for you to decide.”

When Nick came up with the idea to start our own brand, I jumped on board, I was all about it,” Borg said. “It’s been non stop ever since.”

As Brucculeri studies abroad in Milan, Borg is busy discovering alternative ways to advance Wall Street.

The boy’s Southern California lifestyle has bound Wall Street to a certain demographic. The clothing line has only previously been promoted at concerts as well as skate and surf competitions, however, on May 7 the game will change for Borg once again.

Fresno State’s very own B-Sharp Productions, a club that televises on-campus events on Comcast channel 96, is orchestrating its first-ever fashion show in the Phoebe Conley Art Building. Borg alongside Allen Robateau of Phaymus Lifestyle and Nicole Coelho of Royal Rabbit will headline the fashion while B-Sharp document the show.

Shortly following spring break, B-Sharp will be holding auditions and selecting 20 to 40 students to cat walk for “The Fresno State Collaboration Fashion Show.”

Despite it being Wall Street Clothing’s first time on the runway, it’s not its first rodeo.

“The fashion show wont really be our target audience,” Borg said. “But it is a great opportunity to work with fellow students and put something cool together like this, I think it will be really fun.”

Borg has transformed himself from what he recalls as “close minded” to clothes minded.

“I am always going to sell tee’s””even if it’s slowly, it will always just give me enough money to print more tee’s,” Borg said. “If it grows it grows if it doesn’t it doesn’t.”

$100
$500

$100
$500

JennyFerguson1Apr 12, 2010 at 9:33 pm

No offense, but has anyone even seen these tees? They’re hideous. Straight up fug. I would be willing to support Borg and his friend- as a local- if he came up with better designs, not something that looks like its a hobby not a business done in a garage.

JennyFerguson1Apr 12, 2010 at 1:33 pm

No offense, but has anyone even seen these tees? They're hideous. Straight up fug. I would be willing to support Borg and his friend- as a local- if he came up with better designs, not something that looks like its a hobby not a business done in a garage.