One-finger salute

Thumbs up
March Madness

The NCAA Tournament definitely lived up to its name. There were 16 games where the higher-seeded team upset the lower-seeded team. 16! Ladies and gentlemen, that is why that is the best four-day stretch in the whole year.

Thumbs down

Brackets busted

Time to get out the red ink and start crossing off every game you picked incorrectly, which, invariably, was a lot for most of us this year. But step away from that ledge folks. Console yourselves with the fact that President Obama’s bracket is likely in the shredder at the moment, seeing as he picked Kansas to defeat Villanova in the championship game. If our president can pick poorly, then so can you!

Thumbs up
Tiger coming back at the Masters

My apologies for a very sports-centric salute, but these stories warrant the attention! Tiger Woods has finally announced his comeback will be at the Masters golf tournament, ensuring the most watched golf tournament of all time and the return of golf’s popularity. Whatever one thinks about Tiger and his acts of infidelity, he is the best golfer of our time. And without him, golf is, let’s be honest, quite boring.

Thumbs down
Romney leads polling for Republican nod

According to Public Policy Polling, Mitt Romney has the early lead in the race for the Republican nomination, garnering 28 percent of those polled. This is bad news for fans of politics. Do we really need two slick candidates who won’t say anything controversial running against one another? How interesting is that? Give me Ron Paul or Sarah Palin! With Paul, we’ll at least get the truth out of a politician, and with Palin we’ll get to see liberals foam at the mouth at the mention of her name. Now that would be exciting to watch!