Men of style

Guys, spring is finally here. It’s time to shed the sweaters and update the old wardrobe. Scared? Don’t be. This can be done easily by visiting one store: Macy’s Mens and Kids.

Take it from sales associate Alan Mandiline. “We have everything. It’s a great selection,” Mandaline said. “We always have sales events and clearances.”

Let’s face it. The holiday season has been over for months now. There aren’t nearly as many screaming babies or bumbling elders to dodge while shopping. The store is laid out with different sections to make finding what you want an easy process.

On one side of the store, you’ll find casual clothes. Designer T-shirts, shorts and pants by Volcom and Element, for example, are in abundance. There’s also sports apparel by Nike and Adidas for those who need to look good at the gym while getting buffed for summer.

Men can also dress up for the summer in Ralph Lauren Polo shirts with different patterns and colors paired with cargo shorts or distressed denim.

If you’re in to the “preppy” or golfer look, this is the look for spring.

Mandaline buys his work clothes at Macy’s. “Hey, it’s not like L.A. fashion, but it’s Fresno fashion,” he said. “We certainly keep up with the trends.”

Accessorizing is also a must for men. Cufflinks, designer sunglasses and cologne are essential to complete a spring wardrobe, and finish off the perfect look, whether it’s casual or refined.

This has potential to be a win-win situation. Grab some cash and coupons, and shop on a sale day. You’ll help to stimulate the economy and end up looking like a million bucks, without spending it.

$100
$500

$100
$500

miss the pointMar 25, 2010 at 6:54 am

why are we advertising for corporations in the collegian? give me a break! at least make macy's pay for an ad. better yet, let's encourage students to use their credit cards to buy a new wardrobe at macy's. who is this story suppose to target? i look around in my classes and only a select few can afford to use their moms and dads money to go on a shopping spree! this isn't news! maybe next time investigate labor practices of the garment industry or how chemicals used to color clothes are dumped into poor peoples drinking water.