graduation 2024

Letters to the editor

The recent article “Senator resigns” is a malicious misrepresentation of”¨ASI’s repeated intimidation and belittling of Senator Jamie San Andres.”¨

It portrayed her as bailing on her duty to the students. In actuality, an Andres has been the most responsive member of ASI, in regards to listening to students’ complaints and acting in their best interest.

Large groups of students and faculty are concerned with the blatant disregard by ASI of injustices experienced by students at Fresno State. To see the extent of the ASI intimidation of San Andres, you merely have to watch the videos of the ASI meetings. They are available online. Having watched these meetings, it is clear that most ASI members don’t care what students want, especially the Executives. They are more concerned with pleasing the Administration, in order to further their personal, selfish interests. San Andres broke the status quo.

Sitting quietly was not an option. She stood up for what was right, when everyone was against her. She did it for the students. ASI members are supposed to be acting on behalf of all students. They should not be an extension of the Administration. San Andres fought for the benefit of her fellow students and against the oppressive policies dropped down from Administration onto ASI’s obedient lap.

Kulraj S. Dhah

$100
$500

$100
$500

what videos?Mar 22, 2010 at 6:43 am

What videos are yu talkin about Collegian? Please post your proof of what you say. Where are this videos you caim to show how senator san andres stood up for all students?