Bulldogs will be heard

KMJ will broadcast 42 of the 58 games for the Bulldogs this season

Who said there was such a thing as too much Fresno State Baseball?

Last month KMJ Radio (580 AM) announced its plan to broadcast 42 of Bulldog baseball’s 58 games, including 27 home games as well as any postseason games the ‘Dogs may have.

Fresno State athletic has deep ties with KMJ Radio, having collaborated with each other for more than 35 years now, covering baseball, basketball, football and volleyball.

KMJ radio’s sports director Paul Loeffler and Ray O’Canto will again be the voice of Bulldogs baseball.

Loeffler, who also doubles as radio broadcaster of Fresno State men’s basketball and football, is entering his tenth season with Bulldogs baseball.

“Being involved with Bulldog baseball has been a big blessing and I can’t believe it’s my tenth season in the booth already, but I’m definitely as excited as I was going into year one,” said Loeffler on gobulldogs.com.

O’Canto, meanwhile, is very familiar with the Fresno State red and blue. In 1981 O’Canto delivered an all-conference season as a Fresno State outfielder. He is entering his third consecutive year as the KMJ Radio Fresno State baseball announcer.

The ‘Dogs season opener is now only nine days away and KMJ Radio will be there for pitch-by-pitch action. Of the 42 games broadcasted, eight will be double-headers on the 2010 schedule.

I’m delighted to team up again with Ray O’Canto, and thrilled that KMJ will be bringing the Bulldogs’ most important ballgames to listeners all over the state,” Loeffler said on gobulldogs.com.