Construction moving at slow place on pool project

Facility should open by September 2010

Construction has begun for the estimated $6.5 million new pool facility located just southeast of the Cedar and Barstow intersection. From the view of an outsider the process may seem to be at a stand still, but that is not true.

Project manager Sara Wallet said the construction company currently is relocating the underground utilities. The electrical, data, fire, water and domestic water has to been moved to fit in the places for the new construction. The gas lines will be the next phase in the underground process.

BMY, the company currently working on the project, made the lowest bid in the beginning phases of the construction process. Even though BMY is currently on the project, it may not be the company that builds the new pool. Another bid for the job will take place next month.

The North Gym Pool Replacement Project should be finished by September 2010.

“It will replace the pool inside of the north gym,” Wallet said.

The pool currently in the north gym will not be used after the project is complete.

The local architect on the project is Taylor Teter, but he was not the only to have a say on the design of he facility.

Jeanne Fleck, head coach of the swimming and diving team, worked with the architect and university staff on the pool project. Fleck gave advice on how the pool could flow better and the type of drains to make the pool faster. Fleck is in her second year as head coach and first season with having home meets.

Last season the team could not have home meets because of the facility difficulties. Now the home meets take place at Clovis North High. Fleck worked with those in the community to get the team a home pool.

“It has been a really nice experience,” Fleck said about having a home pool.

The team uses the pool inside of the north gym for morning practice, so they don’t have to get up early. “They would have to be at Clovis at 5:30 a.m. this way the team doesn’t have to be on campus until 6 a.m.,” Fleck said.

The pool at the North Gym only has six lanes, so the entire team cannot practice at the same time, so practices have been moved to Clovis West High.

The team will continue to use the pools at the Clovis Unified School District high schools and on campus if the new pool is not finished by September. The current season ends for the swimming and diving team on Feb. 6 at San Jose State.

Remaining schedule
Here’s a look at the remaining swim and diving home schedule for the 2009-10 season. Home meets will be at Clovis North High.

Ӣ Jan. 14, 2010 vs. Pacific

Ӣ Jan. 16, 2010 vs. Cal State Bakersfield

Ӣ Feb. 6, 2010 vs. San Jose State

$100
$500

$100
$500

Air SwitchesFeb 1, 2010 at 5:36 am

The facilities should wide and open, so you can adjust your pool into your garage.

Construction Jobs In DubaiJan 27, 2010 at 8:56 pm

6.5 million dollar for a pool construction isn't that too much? can't believe that it is the lowest bid well let's just wait for the result this september

• H

Hertfordshire BuildersJan 2, 2010 at 7:54 am

Lets hope they can pick up the pace and get it completed on target. I bet the locals residents are very much looking forward to the new pool facilities.

• P

Pool FiltersDec 31, 2009 at 4:02 am

test

• P

PortableStorageDec 16, 2009 at 12:04 am

Thanks for the construction updates but I think that the construction project which is progressing with slow pace should improve eitherwise the project will not get completed on the given deadline and it will be delayed.

Thanks,
    Portable Storage,
    http://www.moveablecubicle.com