Week 11 WAC Power Rankings

No. 1: Boise State Broncos (10-0, 5-0 in WAC)
Last Week: Beat Idaho, 63-25, in Boise
Next Opponent: Utah State
Why No. 1: The Broncos remain undefeated after they beat their intrastate rival, the Idaho Vandals, and having won the Governor̢۪s Cup. Quarterback Kellen Moore leads the offense with a consistent 255.8 passing yards per game. One of Moore̢۪s greatest strengths is that throughout the season, he hasn̢۪t committed a lot of throwing errors, with only three interceptions. Although the Broncos dropped to No. 2 in the Western Athletic Conference (WAC) standings, a possible Bowl Championship Series (BCS) game gives them a higher power ranking.
The Buzz: In the most recent BCS poll, Boise State ranks No. 7, but the loss of tight end Richie Brockel to a left foot injury could cause some problems with the offensive line.

No. 2: Nevada Wolf Pack (7-3, 6-0 in WAC)
Last week: Beat Fresno State, 52-14, in Reno
Next Opponent: New Mexico State
Why No.2: The Wolf Pack is currently No. 1 in the WAC standings after their win against Fresno State. The Wolf Pack outran the Bulldogs with 461 overall rushing yards, compared to the Bulldogs̢۪ 112 yards. They currently lead the nation in rushing offense with 353.1 rushing yards per game.
The Buzz: If Nevada continues its rushing assault against the Aggies, it will be undefeated in conference, with only one game remaining – a showdown with Boise State on the Smurf Turf.

No. 3: Fresno State Bulldogs (6-4, 5-2 in WAC)
Last Week: Lost to Nevada, 52-14, in Reno
Next Opponent: Louisiana Tech
Why No. 3: The Bulldogs̢۪ loss to the Wolf Pack showed a complete breakdown of the defense. Although quarterback Ryan Colburn managed to get 362 passing yards and two touchdowns, the Bulldogs lacked confidence in their offense without the nation̢۪s leading rusher Ryan Mathews.
The Buzz: The Bulldogs are currently bowl eligible, win or lose against Louisiana Tech on Saturday, but they still have a lot to prove on both sides of the ball. Chances of a victory are pretty high. Louisiana Tech is 0-6 on the road this season.

No. 4: Idaho Vandals (7-4, 4-3 in WAC)
Last week: Lost to Boise, 63-25, in Boise
Next Opponent: Bye
Why No.4: For a short span of time, it seemed as if Idaho would come out on top of the WAC standings, but now that the Vandals on a two-game losing streak after losing their quarterback Nathan Enderle to injury. In its game against Boise State, Idaho had seven turnovers (five interceptions and two fumbles) and never stopped the Broncos̢۪ offense.
The Buzz: The Vandals are bowl eligible, but without Nathan Enderle, they̢۪ll probably fall flat. Their next opponents will be the Utah State Aggies, so if Fresno State loses on Saturday, the Vandals can still claim the No. 3 spot in WAC standings.