Feeling the thanksgiving spirit

Ah, the holiday season, the time when we can all be thankful for what we have but ignore the rest of the year. Everyone gathers around some feast of choice at different holiday parties to enjoy the company of loved ones while realizing how grateful they are for what they have.

And in the eve of this warm and fuzzy spirit, I have a couple of thanks to share.

After seeing the rounds Sarah Palin made to promote her new book, “Going Rouge,â€Â and reading some excerpts from the book, I am very thankful she is nowhere near the White House.

Regardless of how much dirt Palin throws at Katie Couric for being a meanie or other McCain party aides for being chubby, she’s still the one that gave us that deliciously incompetent Russia comment. If you’re in need of some good comedy in the midst of papers, finals, relatives and whatnot, type “Sarah Palinâ€Â into a YouTube search. Trust me, you will not be disappointed.

Oh Palin, Palin, Palin, hopefully you just stick to your books and living your rouge life far from Washington.

With other people, I̢۪m simply just thankful my brain doesn̢۪t function like them. A prime example: booted beauty queen, Carrie Prejean.

She̢۪s such a wholesome, wonderful person that she̢۪s not even scared to tell Larry King when he̢۪s being an inappropriate old bastard on his own show. That̢۪s not exactly what she said, since she wouldn̢۪t be able to say this in the spirit of propriety, but I̢۪m sure she was thinking it as she angrily took her mic off, threatening to leave the interview.

What is really interesting though, is how she came into the full glory of fame, or notoriety, as her not-so-wholesome sex tapes and naked photos surfaced. And, of course, this was not Prejean being improper, it was just other people trying to undermine her propriety by being improper themselves in showing her in such a naughty light.

Prejean, it̢۪s fine if you want to pose naked, I̢۪m sure many would be thankful this Thanksgiving Day, just don̢۪t go around throwing stones of propriety, especially to Larry. The man wears suspenders for crying out loud!
I should also give thanks to my friend Jessica for eliminating the snobbish English major-induced gag-reflex I experienced whenever hearing anything about the “Twilightâ€Â series. Yes, I know it’s sickening to see the craziness behind the whole thing, but hear me out on this one.

Like usual, the books are better than the movie and these particular books are just like reading a chick-flick instead of simply watching it, so it can̢۪t be that bad, right?

We watch chick-flicks all the time, so with this, you actually get some sort of mental stimulation or something of the sort. And just for clarification purposes, the only reason I was at the premier midnight showing of the movie is because Jessica had an extra ticket. I really didn̢۪t enjoy myself that much, really it̢۪s, eh, true.

Even a week before festivities, I feel much more fuzzy now after sharing my gratitude. So next week, when I see that crazy aunt with the ugly holiday sweater or have a bunch of little kids poking at me, I̢۪ll be grateful for what I do and thankfully do not, have. Hopefully, you̢۪ll be doing the same.