The Collegian’s REDWAVE Podcast: San Jose State Postgame

Brianna Campbell/The Collegian

Ryan Mathews is making a strong case for the Heisman Trophy – especially after Saturday night. The junior ran for 233 yards in the Bulldogs̢۪ 41-21 homecoming victory. In today̢۪s episode of the Valley̢۪s original Bulldog football podcast, the Dog Krew talks about Saturday̢۪s game, the magician that is Ryan Mathews and Fresno State̢۪s first winning streak of the season. We̢۪ll revisit the prediction battle, see how the first edition of true/false panned out and you get to hear your voice during Fans of the Week. Thoughts? Send them to [email protected].

Play-by-play

Hill postgame 02:45
Postgame wrap 04:30
Top play, game balls, predictions, true/false 19:30
Fans of the week 33:30
[display_podcast]

$100
$500

$100
$500

wtfmanOct 21, 2009 at 12:09 pm

Ryan Mathews nick name should be “THE RED WAVE BEAST”, the crowd should chang release the beast when mathews is in.

wtfmanOct 21, 2009 at 7:09 pm

• T

thisfresnodudeOct 19, 2009 at 10:45 am

Damn mathews is awesome, he stiffs arms and drags defenders. I think he will go pro next year. Hopefully we have someone to fill in the void. But we have talented backs. I hope anthony harding gets to play more in the next couple of games. Ebahn was pretty good to watch and so was Carr. I think carr has more zip on his passes than coulburn. But as far as confidence i think coulburn is the man. Enjoy your pod cast everytime keep up the good work.

• T

thisfresnodudeOct 19, 2009 at 5:45 pm

wannabebulldogfromChicoStateOct 19, 2009 at 9:04 am

Dog Crew
    Great podcast as usual. I just had a thought about Ryan Mathews. With his stats as awesome as they are I do not think people understand that this has been accomplished with basically VERY FEW CARRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As far as the Heisman is concerned I don’t think the writers in the East know where Fresno is. A little arrogance I am afraid.

wannabebulldogfromChicoStateOct 19, 2009 at 4:04 pm

Dog Crew