What’s the deal with “Fiesta Night”?

The Collegian Online asks students what their take on the “Fiesta Night” theme for this Saturday’s football home opener is.

[hana-flv-player video=”https://fscollegian.com/video/fiesta_vid.flv”
width=”480″
height=”360″
description=””
player=”4″
autoload=”true” autoplay=”false”
loop=”false” autorewind=”true”
splashimage=”https://fscollegian.com/a/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/fiesta-320.png”
/]

$100
$500

$100
$500

• T

T J RichmondOct 17, 2009 at 10:30 pm

Wait. I’m a little unsure of what the overall message of the above comment is. Are you commenting on immigration? Are you saying chicanos/latinos are violent and ignorant of birth control? What are you saying? Whatever it is, it sounds as though you’re attacking the community. At first I thought you had good intentions, saying we should address real issues and not just football. But now I’m getting the impression that you’re simply trying to introduce a number of already hurtful stereotypes to the collegian audience. What do you want people to think of the chicano/latino community?

• T

T J RichmondOct 18, 2009 at 5:30 am

• E

ewiSep 8, 2009 at 12:53 pm

i hope they had birth control tents and domestic violence awareness booths at the Davis game as well. Instead of catering to the needs of football fans within the Latino/a community, how about addressing the major social issues that plague the Chicano population of California. Instead of the buy two tickets, bring your 25 friends across the front gate free and drink specials, let’s be realistic and fight some injustices.

• E

ewiSep 8, 2009 at 7:53 pm