Lawsuit against ASI dismissed

A former employee̢۪s lawsuit against the California State University, Fresno Association, Inc. and Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) was dismissed late last spring.

Annie Tremp, the former ASI executive director, filed the lawsuit in September 2008 claiming that she had been subjected to age discrimination, gender discrimination, and wrongful termination. <!–more–>

Tremp alleged that she was fired after she disclosed information showing that Mackee M. Mason, the ASI president at the time, broke the ASI code of conduct.

Mason later admitted in a letter to students that he had broken the ASI “substance-freeâ€Â pledge, had purchased alcohol with his ASI credit card, and had consumed alcohol with minors while on an ASI retreat.

Tremp̢۪s lawsuit against ASI and the Association was dismissed on April 20 for undisclosed reasons.

Tremp̢۪s Lawyer, Michael J.F. Smith, told The Collegian in a phone interview that he did not want to talk about the case.

“I really don’t want to comment,â€Â Smith said.

He did, however, acknowledge that the case was over.

“It’s the typical end of a lawsuit,â€Â Smith said.­ “It’s gone, it’s dismissed.â€Â

Members of ASI also declined to comment on case details.

“The only thing I can say is that the matter is resolved,â€Â ASI president Jessica Sweeten said.

$100
$500

$100
$500

Jared HarperSep 4, 2009 at 11:40 am

Settle out of court and you get what Kopi Sotiropolous wold say “CHA CHING LAS VEGAS” jackpots. It too bad we cant see how much more of State money, being our money, that Welty let go again for the X to the Nth time. (you fill in the numbers)

Jared HarperSep 4, 2009 at 6:40 pm