Full of tulle

Photo courtesy of Adam Albrecht
Alumnus Adam Albrecht̢۪s designs focus on tutu material

Designer Adam Albrecht has found a tool in tulle.

After graduating from Fresno State in the summer of 2007, with a degree in mass communication and journalism, with an option in electronic media production and a minor in fashion merchandising, Albrecht moved to Los Angeles to attend the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM).
“I had been bit by the fashion bug,â€Â Albrecht said.

After 15 months majoring in fashion design at FIDM, Albrecht moved back to the valley to freelance and search for his next inspiration.

In March Albrecht had the second show of his fashion career at the Reedley Country Inn.

The show titled “Tulle to Fame,â€Â featured 22 dresses, each representing a separate country.

Albrecht said he enjoyed the 5 month process of designing the dresses and the final show experience. Construction is a huge part of it he said, “It’s like a one man band to prove yourself.â€Â

Model Martha Scott said she thought the show was a success based on the size of the venue and the amount of attendees.

“It was definitely something that you wouldn’t wear out in public,â€Â Scott said of the dresses she wore, “but it was high fashion.â€Â

Tulle netting is a textile made from silk, rayon, nylon, or sometimes cotton. It is commonly used for veils, gowns, and ballet tutus.

Photo courtesy of Adam Albrecht

Albrecht used tulle as a filler, a liner, a top, a fringed bottom and a full garment. Using the tulle in a different manner each time was not just about placement but also about color.

Some tulle was fully draped over the dress, some tulle was made into sleeves and one outfit was topped with a tulle flower headpiece.

Model Kaci Raven said she was impressed with Albrecht̢۪s use of different colors of tulle. Her favorite gown was the one she modeled that was inspired by Russia.

“I really liked the Russia dress, the train of tulle was definitely different,â€Â Raven said.

Albrecht auditioned for the show Project Runway, but didn̢۪t make the cut. He is working on freelance projects now and is open to new requests.

If you are interested in hiring Albrecht he can be reached at (559) 906-1530.

Photo courtesy of Adam Albrecht

Photo courtesy of Adam Albrecht