Students attempt Guiness World Record for largest photo exhibit

In an attempt to put Fresno on the world map, six students from Fresno State are attempting to break the Guinness World Record for the world̢۪s largest photo exhibit.

The current record holder is in United Kingdom with an exhibit the size of three tennis courts, with 138,355 photos.

The students are working with the Claude Pop Laval Foundation to break the world record.

The project will take about six weeks with the goal of 150,000 photos. The photos will be on display May 15 along Fresno State̢۪s Maple Mall, located south of the Satellite Student Union.

The theme of the exhibit is “Faces and Places of the San Joaquin Valley: Then and Now.â€Â

The students are looking for photos from around the San Joaquin Valley including but not limited to, pictures of family, friends, vacations or from home.

If you want to contribute to the potential world̢۪s largest photo exhibit, you can drop photos off at the Smittcamp Alumni House, the Laval Gallery in the shopping center at Fort Washington Avenue and Maple Ave, or the VIP Salon in the shopping center at Herndon and Marks.

Photos must be printed and mounted on foam board, framed photos will also be accepted.

The display is planned to be ready May 15, 2009 along the Fresno State Maple Mall.