National protest comes to Fresno State

Bryan Cole / The Collegian

More than 7,000 protesters gathered in the Save Mart Center parking lot on Wednesday, as part of a nationwide campaign patterned after the Boston Tea Party.

Tina Rios, a Fresno housewife, was one of the many protesters who believe taxes are used irresponsibly.

“I believe in helping out, but it needs to go to the right people,â€Â Rios said.

$100
$500

$100
$500

Totes MagotesNov 24, 2009 at 4:05 pm

Obama can't live up to the hype. He's a sap, a dimwit—–a scrotal itch if you will.

juniorApr 19, 2009 at 5:27 pm

I wouldn’t worry. A lot of these right wingers are well-off, ineffectual sloths. They may be mad about having to give up more of their money, but they won’t lift a finger to actually back up their convictions.

juniorApr 20, 2009 at 12:27 am

dwApr 18, 2009 at 4:39 pm

YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Homeland Security–there are right wing extremist groups and from the cries of “revolution” heard at this event, makes me wonder what business the University had making the Save Mart parking lot available to the loons. But, rumor is Save Mart isn’t making money anymore, so the campus will rent it out to anything that comes off the street.

dwApr 18, 2009 at 11:39 pm

YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totes MagotesApr 17, 2009 at 10:02 pm

Obama can’t live up to the hype. He’s a sap, a dimwit—–a scrotal itch if you will.

• P

Pat MurrayApr 17, 2009 at 11:57 am

These “protesters” need to get a life. Obama has cut taxes for 95% of all Americans. Only those making over $250,000 per year are seeing their taxes raised. And even then, they’re now being taxed at a rate 10 percent LESS than when Ronald Reagan was president a quarter century ago.

99% of these “protesters” are Republicans who sat quiet and didn’t say a word while the government spent TRILLIONS of taxpayer dollars on a needless war in Iraq and allowed Wall Street and Big Corporations to make BILLIONS for 8 years.

We are fortunate to have a president like Obama who cares about the average citizen rather than a president like Bush who gave huge tax breaks to only the millionaires and billionaires, and big corporations.

• P

Pat MurrayApr 17, 2009 at 6:57 pm

torchemApr 17, 2009 at 10:41 am

let us all just torch all those responsible for the way it is now, burn em at the stake. that will solve all our problems.

impeach obama and empower whom? the vp joe “absentee” biden. or rather joe who?

torchemApr 17, 2009 at 5:41 pm

• I

Impeach ObamaApr 17, 2009 at 10:25 am

Save Mart Center parking lot? That’s the cultural epicenter and the forum of politics we have to look forward to in Fresno? Come on now.

• I

Impeach ObamaApr 17, 2009 at 5:25 pm