WEB-SPE@K: Is a new parking structure worth increased permit fees?

Should plans for a new parking structure be approved even if it means an increase to parking permit fees?

$100
$500

$100
$500

jacksonApr 2, 2009 at 1:47 pm

ride a bike. If you live within 5 miles i dont see why you cant ride a bike on most days. THe only time it would be a problem is when it rains, which is hardly ever here. Then again summer here can be pretty brutal as well.

jacksonApr 2, 2009 at 8:47 pm

Milhouse VanHaughtenApr 1, 2009 at 1:54 pm

of course not. Plenty of free parking a short walk from campus.

Milhouse VanHaughtenApr 1, 2009 at 8:54 pm

juniorMar 28, 2009 at 8:31 pm

There’s always spots open under the solar awnings. I just make sure to arrive early so I can make the walk. Are people all lazy?

juniorMar 29, 2009 at 3:31 am

jsvMar 27, 2009 at 8:27 am

Most people dont want to walk is the problem. THere is parking it is just far and people dont want to spend time walking. Even if we have parking structures people will still complain because it wont be close enough. If you come to school during the evening hours there is plenty of parking. Maybe the problem is spreading the class out throughout the day to balance the parking problem.

jsvMar 27, 2009 at 3:27 pm

The Hanging BrainMar 26, 2009 at 8:19 pm

not when I can park by the fraternity houses and walk to school for free—68 dollars is already rather overpriced for the non-guaranteed parking we have right now.

The Hanging BrainMar 27, 2009 at 3:19 am