One-Finger Salute

Culled each week from discussions in The Collegian newsroom.

Thumbs down
End of three-day weekend

Many of us were fortunate to skip out of town, hang out with friends or simply bum around, all weekend long; coming back to campus on a rainy day was simply painful.

Thumbs down
American Idol

How did these people make it to Hollywood? Last night̢۪s performances were mostly on the disturbingly horrible side. It̢۪s official: there is no more talent left in America.

Thumbs up
Fresno State women̢۪s basketball

The team is now ranked first place in the WAC after beating Boise State 70-58 on the Bronco̢۪s home court this past weekend.

Thumbs down
Valentine̢۪s Day

It’s too commercial; we’re too sarcastic. Sure, we had Valentine’s Day decorations in an attempt to join in on the festivities. But the abundance of chocolate in the office was the only thing really appreciated by all the week before “make-believe commercial loveâ€Â day.

Thumbs down
‘Friday the 13th’

According to the movie, all blondes are topless when they die, brunettes do not get any action, while their only method of survival is to keep fully clothed. And topping off ridiculous stereotypes: all black men want to be stoned rap stars.

Thumbs down
Bike stealers

Sure, the guy may look somewhat arrogant at times, but stealing Lance Armstrong̢۪s bikes is a bit harsh. As residents of the perhaps infamous Fresno, we̢۪re happy it didn̢۪t happen here. We really don̢۪t need more of that kind of publicity.