Letters to the editor

Intimidated conservatives

For a country that prides itself on the right to free speech, there are some people that are remaining surprisingly silent. It is apparent to me that, despite the fact that there are many conservative people on the Fresno State campus, it is the liberal voices that speak up the most and the loudest.

It appears that many people are intimidated when the vocal, or apparent, majority of their peers have different views. This may be a legitimate concern. After all, most people don’t wish to be alienated or grouped in with the radical individuals who have the emotional and intellectual maturity of young children. However, it is unfortunate that the political view that is perceived as the most “tolerantâ€Â is in fact just as oppressive. Perhaps just more subtly.

Brianna Bane
Freshman
Psychology

Useless complaints of economy

Yes, the economy is bad. Everything is bad. Tuition keeps rising and financial aid doesn̢۪t do a thing about it. Many struggle with it, but stop complaining! There is always a way to pay for your education. Go to community college and work at Burger King.

Apply for scholarships if you can̢۪t pay for all of tuition. I̢۪m not saying it̢۪s going to be easy but where there̢۪s a will there̢۪s a way. Whining and complaining don̢۪t get people anywhere. People who don̢۪t take action have no right to complain.

So stop it. Quit it. Act like a college student. Act your age. Be an adult. It̢۪s about time.

Things will no longer be done for you. You have to do them yourself. So if you don̢۪t like the way student fees are increasing: join a student club, start a petition or get a job.

Monica De La Mora
Sophomore
Nursing