THE ONE-FINGER SALUTE

Thumbs up to the Fresno State Bulldog football team for its victory against the Idaho Vandals. It̢۪s nice to see the team winning games they̢۪re supposed to be winning again.

Thumbs up to the Trigon Commercials featuring three cute little kids. And thumbs up to YouTube for letting us watch these commercials over and over again. And over again. Check them out!

Thumbs down to the moviegoers who, for the second week in a row, made “Beverly Hills Chihuahuaâ€Â the number one movie in America. So maybe we haven’t seen the movie, but we did see the trailer. We thought that was enough. Apparently, it isn’t.

Thumbs up to the former lead singer of the band Poison and advocate for diabetes awareness Bret Michaels, who will be performing with Great White tonight as the closing act at the Big Fresno Fair. The concert series this year also featured the bands Pepper, Newsboys, and The Doodlebops. Boy oh boy, how do we keep bringing such great acts in?

Thumbs down to construction on Cedar and Shaw. If you haven̢۪t noticed, the road-widening project (or road-narrowing project?) is still going on. Yeah, the same one that was supposed to be done in the first weeks of school. Yeah, it̢۪s also the same one that was supposed to be done by the time the Bulldogs played Wisconsin. We̢۪ll believe it when we see it.

“The One-Finger Saluteâ€Â is culled each week from discussions in The Collegian newsroom.

$100
$500

$100
$500

jsvOct 13, 2008 at 8:09 am

“construction on Cedar and Shaw.”

Havent you notice by now that in Fresno State terms, “two weeks” means two years. look at the Chestnut widening. It is still under construction and its been two years. What a waste.

jsvOct 13, 2008 at 3:09 pm

“construction on Cedar and Shaw.”

jsvOct 13, 2008 at 3:09 pm

“construction on Cedar and Shaw.”