Is fashion your passion?

Fashion merchandising students urge students to join the new fashion club and network in the community.

If you are a style-conscious person and would like to share your ideas about fashion, joining the new fashion club on campus is the way to go. ̢۬

“This organization will be a great networking tool for students and business professionals,â€Â said fashion merchandising major Rocio
Fernandez. 

But the club is not limited to just students who major in fashion merchandising. The club is for anyone with a passion for fashion.

Forwarding career and community service

There are three main goals for the club: to expose the fashion merchandising program, as well as the university and the Fresno community, to provide interaction between the students and faculty and to make students more aware of the fashion industry and future job opportunities. ̢۬

“[Members] will also have the opportunity to explore different careers in the fashion industry and it will also help them in acquiring relationships with business professionals for future references,â€Â Fernandez said. 

As well as being a networking tool for students, the fashion club will also be involved in community service projects. ̢۬

Throughout the semester the club plans on having a jean drive to recycle old jeans and put them to better use. In the springtime, they will be helping out with Kids Day.

Inside the industry

Along with community service and networking, they are planning on bringing guest speakers to meetings to talk about internships that students can take part in.̢۬

Also, since it is a fashion club, members will help retail companies with their fashion shows.
All these things will help students see fashion in different ways. ̢۬

“The club would really be an advantage to fashion merchandising students because it will give them a really good inside look of what fashion is,â€Â Fernandez said. 

With the money they raise from different activities the club will take a trip to Los Angeles for “Fashion Week,” which will allow the students to see the fashion industry firsthand.

$100
$500

$100
$500

Maria VargasSep 11, 2011 at 8:01 pm

This sounds like a really great opportunity and was wondering how and when i can apply? where can i do this?

• R

ReynaOct 24, 2009 at 1:19 am

Hi this sounds like a great club!…I would be interested in joining. 🙂
    Thanks

• R

ReynaOct 24, 2009 at 8:19 am

Thanks

Carolina DiazSep 24, 2009 at 2:54 pm

I am very interested in the fashion industry and would like to know how to join the club. Thanks

Carolina DiazSep 24, 2009 at 9:54 pm

• T

TiffanyMay 26, 2009 at 7:54 pm

I would like to know how to join this fashion club. Thanks for all the help.
    Tiffany

• T

TiffanyMay 27, 2009 at 2:54 am

Tiffany