Football home opener sells out

Brian Alamano, left, Daniel Perez and Bria Ledesma were picking up their season tickets last minute at the ticket office in front of the Bulldog Stadium, Thursday, Sept. 11.
Ryan Tubonbanua / The Collegian

Raised expectations and excitement for the Fresno State football team has lead to a sold out home opener.

The Bulldog ticket office announced Tuesday that all 41,031 seats have been sold out for the Bulldogs home opener against the Wisconsin Badgers.

Although all tickets for seats have been sold, there are still some tickets available for those who are willing to stand.

According to Associate Athletics Director Paul Ladwig, the standing room only (SRO) tickets were made available to the general public and students at 7 a.m., Wednesday. The SRO tickets are $60 and do not provide a seat.

There is no discount for students purchasing SRO tickets.

The ticket prices for the home opener against Wisconsin were the most expensive tickets of the season.

Red seats and premium seats sold for $80. However, student tickets sold for the usual price of $15. Students had the opportunity of bringing one, but the price for guest passes was $55.

Daniel Cortez, freshman mechanical engineering major, picks up his Red Zone T-shirt.  He purchased his season tickets over the summer.
Ryan Tubonbanua / The Collegian

There were also Bulldog Foundation tickets and Dog Zone tickets that sold for $60 each.

“I bought season tickets the week before school started for $69,â€Â Ray Millard, construction management major, said.

Millard has attended every home game since 2006, a season in which the Bulldogs started out 1-7. Millard said he will wear red and be as loud as he can Saturday night.

“I also bought season guest passes for $90 for my friend Austin,â€Â Millard said. “It’s a pretty good deal if you figure it costs $80 for tickets to the Wisconsin game.â€Â

Antonio Ventura, a computer science major, knows the student tickets are sold out and isn̢۪t interested in spending his money on SRO tickets.

“Considering the game is so long, it seems like a long time to stand,â€Â Ventura said.

Some other students can̢۪t attend Saturday̢۪s game because of jobs or prior arrangements.

“I wish I could go, but I have to work,â€Â Tony Pietroluongo, history major, said.

Pietroluongo will be waiting tables at a local restaurant Saturday night, but says he will check in on the score whenever he gets a chance.

Tickets for home games later this season against Idaho, Nevada and New Mexico State will sell for a lower price.

Red Seats will sell for $60 and student guest passes will be $20. Student tickets are always $15.

The home game against Hawaii on Oct. 4 will have higher ticket prices. Red Seats will be $70 and student guest passes will be $30.