Channel switch leaves ̢۪Dog fans in the dark

Jim: It seems I’ve asked this question one too many times — what channel is the Fresno State game on?

Last spring I was amped up to watch our women̢۪s basketball team in the NCAA Tournament and wound up having to watch George Washington University.

During the summer I wanted to watch the WonderDogs and I have to sit and watch LSU in a Super Regional.

Every time it’s the same culprit — ESPN.

Logan: You can̢۪t forget about the many times the football team has played games on Thursday nights, Friday nights, Tuesday mornings and any other time ESPN wanted the Bulldogs to.

It sounds really good to say that the team has been on national television, but is it really worth it to move games around and move them to channels like ESPNU?

The game against Toledo this Saturday night is only available on ESPNU, a channel that can only be seen by DirecTV subscribers.

Jim: And if you thought you could watch the game on ESPN360.com you may be in for a little surprise.

ESPN360 is only available on certain Internet service providers and Comcast isn̢۪t one of them.

So, that means we will all be scrambling for somewhere to watch the game Saturday night.

ESPNU is supposed to be catering to college students, but by making it available only on DirecTV it is doing the exact opposite.

I mean, seriously, how many college kids at our school have satellite service?

I think we all would have been much happier with Ralph Wood, Randy Rosenbloom and the Bulldog Sports Network.

Logan: Absolutely. Ralph and Randy are my boys and I think they do a great job of calling play-by-play for Bulldog football.

The Bulldog Sports Network is available on any television set in the Valley while most people do not get ESNPU.

I know building a college football program means making sacrifices, but making it this difficult to find a place to watch Bulldog football is too much.

Especially after a tough loss, the Bulldogs need to keep the fans interested and need to make sure the fans care.

The move to ESPNU may have been based off a monetary decision, but the game should be made available to everyone in the Valley.

Jim: Don̢۪t get me wrong, more money for our athletic program is always a good thing, but this team needs all the support it can get coming off a tough loss.

With the game on ESPNU, that means less fans watching the game and less support for the Bulldogs.

People don̢۪t want to have to find a place to watch the game; it should be made readily available.

But, if it means getting national exposure, the Bulldogs will need all the help they can get to move back up in the rankings.

Logan: The Bulldogs are lucky to still be in the Top 25 and will need a solid performance this week to stay in the polls.

But I really question whether or not the national voters will remember to tune in and watch the Bulldogs and the Rockets.

The athletic department needs to keep games available to the majority of fans, but I guess this is just another unpopular decision.

Hope you Red Wavers get to watch. If your blood runs Bulldog red, you can find a way – somehow.

Jim: Hey, if worse comes to worse there̢۪s always good ol̢۪ KMJ with Bill Woodward.

Use your imagination, or, make friends quick with someone who has satellite.

Logan: Would it be too late to book a flight?

By Jimmy Graben and Logan Hopkins