Nervous for the job interview

I don̢۪t think I̢۪m the only student to go into a job interview nervous, unconfident and wanting some help. Luckily for some students, they don̢۪t have to worry about that with the Mock Interview Days event.

One of the things I liked most about writing this story was that I was able to give fellow students some tips on how to prepare for a job interview and how to act. I was slightly surprised at how important Employer Relations and Recruitment Coordinator Daryl Fitzgerald thought that interviews were compared to resumes.

The fact that only 12 students signed up didn̢۪t really shock me, but it really is a shame because this looks like an opportunity that could be really beneficial. I think it̢۪s also cool that these employers were nice enough to take some time out of their day to help us students.

The biggest difficulty in gathering the information was to get in touch with Director Rita Bocchinfuso-Cohen. I couldn̢۪t reach her by phone or e-mail, so when I got out of one of my classes a little early, I went over to Career Services to talk to her. She was there and everything was fine after that. This showed me that sometimes it̢۪s better and easier just to go find a source yourself.

I really hope that it helps students and encourages them to try out a mock interview. I think I might try it myself sometime.