It̢۪s easy to donate

Read this blog’s related story.

If more students knew that a $1 donation would feed someone $8 worth of food, would more donate?

That̢۪s one of the biggest and most intriguing questions to ask ourselves in light of this story.

Let̢۪s be honest. Most of us don̢۪t really donate that much, and the only time we do is around Christmas. I̢۪m just as guilty.

Most of us say, “I don’t have the timeâ€Â or “I don’t have any money to give,â€Â but in most of our cases that isn’t necessarily true.

It doesn̢۪t take that much time to throw in a small donation on your way to class. I donated $3 and all the effort it took me was to take the money out of my wallet and hand it to someone. Pretty simple.

It̢۪s true that most of us don̢۪t make much money, but it̢۪s also true that many of us have change lying around the house or in the car that we don̢۪t use that could go to a good cause.

The Community Food Bank isn̢۪t asking for a lot of money either. Just 50 cents would be a welcomed donation. That 50 cents would feed someone $4 worth of food.

I think that if more students were aware of this $1 = $8 ratio, it would encourage them to give more often.

The real problem, though, is that it shouldn̢۪t take a statistic like this to get us to donate. I think we could all try a little harder, myself included.

$100
$500

$100
$500

Micah FosterFeb 7, 2008 at 3:56 pm

if only people carried cash…unfortunately most people are all ‘debit’ these days…it take premeditation to give, which makes it more difficult

Micah FosterFeb 7, 2008 at 10:56 pm