‘Dog Bites

Men̢۪s Tennis

The men̢۪s tennis team picked up two victories this weekend against the Nebraska Huskers and the Boise State Broncos.

The Bulldogs have not beaten the Broncos in the last four meetings.

Fresno State was scheduled to face Nebraska on Friday, but rain forced the teams to meet on Saturday.

On Saturday, the ‘Dogs swept the Huskers 6-0.

The Bulldogs weren̢۪t done just yet.

In a last second decision, head coach Jay Udwadia decided to start the matches with Boise State because of possible weather troubles and Fresno State won the match 4-2.

Mirko Zapletal won in straight sets over No. 60 Clancy Shields. (6-4, 6-1)

After losing the first set, Tejesvi Veerepalli came back to win two straight sets 6-3, 6-2 over Boise State̢۪s Brent Werbeck.

The team plays its next matches against San Diego State on the road.

Women̢۪s Basketball

The Utah State Aggies beat Fresno State 44-40, avenging a loss to the Bulldogs earlier in the season.

Utah State’s Jenny Gross led all scorers with 17 points. Gross had given the ‘Dogs problems in the teams first meeting earlier this year.

The Bulldogs had a tough shooting night against the Aggies as they shot 26.9 percent from the field.

Senior center Erica Henry scored a team-high 10 points and grabbed a career-high 15 rebounds.

Fresno State̢۪s Jaleesa Ross and Tierre Wilson were held to just nine points.

Fresno State continues its road trip at New Mexico on March 1.

Women̢۪s Tennis

The women̢۪s doubles teams went undefeated in Fresno State̢۪s 5-2 victory over Texas A&M on Sunday.

Fresno State̢۪s No. 1 ranked team of Tinesta Rowe and Melanie Gloria won in convincing fashion against the No. 60 ranked team of Christi Liles and Tiffany Clifford, 8-1.

Gloria wasn̢۪t as successful in her singles match.

The No. 11 ranked player fell to Texas A&M̢۪s Elze Potgieter in two straight sets of 6-1, 6-3.

Next, the team will travel to No. 8 Baylor on Feb. 29.

Men̢۪s Golf

Todd Angel led Fresno State̢۪s seventh place effort at the John Burns Intercollegiate in Hawaii at the Leilehua Golf Course.

Fresno State posted 283-279-284 for 846 total strokes. The Bulldogs finished 18 under par.

Angel led the ‘Dogs, posting two rounds of 68 and finished 8 under par, tying for the 10th best individual score.

Next up, the Bulldogs will travel to the University of Southern California for the USC South West Invitational March 3 and 4.