WEB-SPE@K: Are construction projects worth the hassle?

The campus currently has several ongoing construction programs, including work on the Henry Madden Library and on the Campus Pointe project, generating much complain among students. Are the proposed benefits worth whatever inconveniences they currently pose?

Be sure to read the print edition of next Friday’s issue of The Collegian for featured comments.

The Collegian reserves the right to edit material for length, content, spelling and grammar, as well as the right to refuse publication of any material submitted. All material submitted to The Collegian becomes property of The Collegian. We would like to encourage readers to continue to submit their ideas and opinions. We look forward to lively and open discussion with our readers.

$100
$500

$100
$500

• U

user friendlyJan 23, 2008 at 11:40 am

all I ever hear are complaints. Of course we need an expansion of the Library, and of course there’s going to be noise. Be thankful, that this project is on time and looking to be completed by 2009, and fully funded. Think about it, how long would it take to put a building like that? What a better time than any other to be there when it completes. Soon your son’s, daughters, relatives, can enjoy this wonder. And you’ll tell them your story of when they built it. This is for all to enjoy, someday or another. 😉

• U

user friendlyJan 23, 2008 at 6:40 pm

• R

Roscoe JenkinsJan 18, 2008 at 3:54 pm

Not at all worth the noise, detours, hassle, etc. Give me a library that I can use.

• R

Roscoe JenkinsJan 18, 2008 at 10:54 pm

McLovinJan 18, 2008 at 2:46 pm

The Campus Pointe project has no merit and few supporters on this university campus. It’s actually borderline criminal.

McLovinJan 18, 2008 at 9:46 pm