Men̢۪s Basketball Preview

Head coach Steve Cleveland announced Wednesday forward Bryan Harvey is academically ineligible and will miss the remainder of the season. Harvey averaged 10.6 points and five rebounds in 17 games.
Juan Villa / The Collegian

Fresno State Bulldogs at Hawaii Warriors

Gameday: Saturday, 9 p.m., at Stan Sheriff Center
Radio: KMJ-AM 580 and KFIG-AM 1600 (ESPN Deportes)

Breakdown: Bulldogs

The Bulldogs head to Hawaii before returning home to host San Jose State and Boise State next weekend.

These games, as well as the rest of the season, will be played without sophomore forward Bryan Harvey.

Coach Steve Cleveland announced Wednesday that Harvey is academically ineligible for the remainder of the season.

In 17 games, Harvey averaged 10.6 points and five rebounds per game.

The Bulldogs are also missing junior guard Dwight O̢۪Neil who is expected back later this month after suffering a wrist injury against Cal State Bakersfield on Nov. 17.

Senior guard Eddie Miller is leading the Bulldogs in scoring and the conference in 3-point field goals.

Breakdown: Warriors

The University of Hawaii wraps up its three-game conference homestand when it hosts the Bulldogs on Saturday.

The Rainbow Warriors are now 2-2 in Western Athletic Conference play after a come-from-behind win over San Jose State on Monday.

Senior Matt Gibson leads the Warriors with 16.2 points per game and 4.7 assists per game.

In the win over the Spartans, Gibson̢۪s lay-up with 11 seconds remaining won the game.

In conference play, he is shooting 51 percent from the floor, averaging 19. 8 ppg and 5.3 apg.

Forward Bobby Nash is second on the team, averaging 15.5 ppg. He leads the team in rebounding averaging 5.1 rebounds per game.