Women’s basketball preview

Breakdown: Bulldogs

Six games into the season and the Fresno State women̢۪s basketball team is still looking for its first win of the season.

The Bulldogs come into tonight̢۪s game at Long Beach State 0-6 after losing to Loyola Marymount 81-75 on Wednesday.

In the loss, Fresno State held a 74-68 lead with less than five minutes to play, but were outscored 13-1 from that point on.

Senior Tierre Wilson scored a season-best 23 points and had six rebounds in the loss. LaShaunte Williams added 20 points

After starting the season against tough opponents-teams that are highly ranked in the nation and had success in the NCAA tournament last season- Fresno State will have a better chance of earning its first victory of the season soon.

After playing the 49ers tonight, the Bulldogs will stay on the road for one more game, visiting Saint Mary̢۪s before returning home to face Cal-State Bakersfield, a first year Division-I team.

Breakdown: 49ers

Long Beach State is coming into tonight̢۪s game 1-6 on the season after playing five of its six games on the road. The 49ers are now at the beginning of a seven game home stand, starting with its game against the Bulldogs.

In its last game, Long Beach State lost 73-71 to Portland State after the Vikings hit a shot from the free throw line with two seconds left in the game.

Long Beach State is picked to finish fourth in the nine-team, Big West conference, tying with UC Davis.

The 49ers are led by preseason All-Big West selection Karina Figueroa, who led the team last season as the only player to average in double figures in points scored (16.8). In the loss to the Vikings, Figueroa was 8-of-15 from the field for 20 points in 36 minutes of play.

In the all-time series between the 49ers and Bulldogs, Long Beach State leads 19-8. The Bulldogs have won four of the last five meetings, the last a 70-65 win for the Bulldogs on Dec. 10, 2003 in Long Beach.