For the community

Tickets for tonight's Fresno State men's basketball game against CSU Monterey are only $2 for adults and $1 for children.
Juan Villa / The Collegian

The Fresno State men̢۪s basketball team will be hosting Community Night at tonight̢۪s 7 p.m. game against Cal-State Monterey Bay at the Save Mart Center.

As part of the promotion, tickets for the game will be only $2 for adults and $1 for children ages 18 and under. Normal ticket prices for the public range from $12 to $25.

As usual, Fresno State students only need a Fresno State ID card to get into the game for free. Tickets for students can be picked up before the game at the University Student Union or at the door, which is what most students do. The student entrance is on the west end of the Save Mart Center.

Sarah Teachey, the director of marketing for Fresno State Athletics, said that Community Night is a theme that was placed on the Dec. 5 game.

“It’s the perfect opportunity to give back to the greatest fans in the valley,â€Â Teachey said.

All tickets will be only $2 or $1, from the top row to the bottom.

Fresno State has discounted tickets in previous years, but not at such a low price. Teachey said that last year Fresno State had a game before Christmas where tickets were discounted to $5.

That same promotion will happen again this year on Dec. 20, when the Bulldogs take on Presbyterian. Every seat in the Save Mart Center will be $5.

“We always expect more people with these promotions,â€Â Teachey said. “We want to fill the arena by doing creative things. It’s great for the fan base.â€Â

The Save Mart Center has not had any sellouts this season for women̢۪s or men̢۪s basketball games. The game with the highest attendance this year was the men̢۪s game against Portland on Nov. 9, with 10,432 fans attending.

“We know that people are busy in the holiday season, so we wanted to do something for the community so people can afford to come,â€Â Teachey said.

Teachey said that the Save Mart Center box office is the best place to go for tickets. Teachey does not recommend buying tickets online because of the online fees.

“Obviously, then the tickets would not be only $2,â€Â Teachey said.

Tickets can be bought online at GoBulldogs.com and TicketMaster.com. Fans can also get tickets by phone at (559)485-TIXS.