Bulldogs drop to 0-5 against Utes

Tierre Wilson led the Bulldogs in scoring with 19 points in Saturday's loss to the Utah Utes at the Save Mart Center.
Shaun Ho / The Collegian

The Fresno State Bulldogs hosted the Utah Utes this past Saturday, trying for their first win of the season.

The first half started off slow for the Bulldogs who made their first two points with two free throws nearly four minutes into the game. The Utah Utes were on a roll and they never looked back.

The Bulldogs made nearly half of their points in the first half due to free throws. Senior guard Tierre Wilson made the first three-point shot of the game, which pumped up the crowd.

Guard Emma Andrews scored 10 points Saturday to go along with three assists.  Andrews and the Bulldogs will take on Loyola Marymount Wednesday night in Los Angeles.
Shaun Ho / The Collegian

Coach Adrian Wiggins paced back-and-forth on the sidelines throughout the game. His arms were folded and he looked proud of how his team was playing.

The Utes were up 51-30 going into halftime.

Down by 21 points, the Bulldogs looked as if they were going to get back into the game with Hayley Munro making a basket early in the second half. The closest the Bulldogs got to the Utes was in the early part of the first half, down by only 6 points.

The crowd stuck by the Bulldogs and cheered them on. The biggest cheer was when Wilson made a three-point shot and was fouled. She made the free throw and the crowd went crazy.

A player to watch during the game was Emma Andrews. Andrews, the shortest player on the Bulldog team at 5 feet 5 inches, had 10 points.

Andrews didn̢۪t let the height of others scare her, as she tried for rebounds and shot over players taller than her.

The Bulldogs never gave up, but lost 82-58. Wilson was the leading scorer with 19 points. The Bulldogs are now 0-5.

After the game, the Harlem Globetrotters hosted a free clinic for all ages. The Harlem Globetrotters are known for their outstanding ability to play basketball and always put on a show for viewers.

“I’ve seen them on TV,â€Â Wilson said. “I don’t think I can do half the tricks they do. They’ve got a lot of tricks up their sleeves.â€Â

$100
$500

$100
$500

• R

RIP Sean TaylorDec 4, 2007 at 1:07 am

they can’t buy a win. Fire Wiggins!!!!!!

• R

RIP Sean TaylorDec 4, 2007 at 8:07 am