The One-Finger Salute

Thumbs up to YouTube for letting us watch Fresno State linebacker Marcus Riley knock the snot out of Hawaii quarterback Colt Brennan — again and again and again. Brennan was one touchdown away from breaking the all-time NCAA record for touchdown passes, a record Riley ultimately may have stifled, as Brennan was forced to leave the game after the hit. It may be a small victory for the team, but we’ll take what we can get, especially considering the loss the team suffered on Saturday.

Thumbs up to the bye week for the Bulldog football team. Currently, the team has a number of injured players who will need the time off in order to recover for their game on Nov. 24 against Kansas State. The game will be broadcast on ESPN, so the team will need to be in top form.

Thumbs down to the recent “60 Minutesâ€Â segment that criticized new college graduates for wanting feedback from their employers and generally being needy in the workplace. We’re not particularly excited about being lumped with the typical stereotype of narcissistic 20-somethings. Furthermore, we don’t know many people our age who care enough about their place of employment to ask for feedback.

Thumbs up to long weekends. We all enjoyed the three-day weekend we got last weekend. Even though we̢۪re back in school now, we̢۪re all looking forward to the Thanksgiving break beginning a week from today. We love Thanksgiving. We love the turkey, the stuffing and above all, we love the time off from school, because frankly, we̢۪re kind of sick of it.

Thumbs down to late night registration appointments. The word “appointmentâ€Â is in itself misleading, suggesting that students have some sort of choice in the matter. If we did, we wouldn’t be sitting in front of the computer with glazed eyes waiting for our turn to battle other students on the already overcrowded my.csufresno server for one of 25 spots in the only class we need in order to graduate next semester. While we’re at it, thumbs down to early morning appointments as well! And thumbs down to classes!

Thumbs up to Internet games, the most common reason why we find our notes becoming progressively skimpy in our long classes, and the reason why we occasionally come close to missing deadlines. Sure they̢۪re distracting, but they̢۪re also fun. Our favorites are Bowman, Click Maze, Kitten Cannon and Oflingo! We recommend you Google them when that lecture on architecture of the Restoration becomes just a bit more than you can bear.