Serving it up with a former tennis standout

From Switzerland to Fresno State, alumna Lucia Tallo is remembered for being competitive on and off the tennis court.

With over ten athletic and academic awards under her belt, Tallo has continued to succeed in her life after graduating in 2005.

Tallo, 25, was on the president̢۪s list six times, received a Harold Haak scholarship, graduated with a 3.95 grade point average, was first time All-WAC in singles and doubles and was a four-time Western Athletic Conference (WAC) champion.

Tallo has since moved back to Switzerland, the place she called home before coming to Fresno State.

One day she plans to move back to the United States with her boyfriend.

“I really loved being in the U.S., [but] I thought that it is about time to be closer to my family after four years,â€Â Tallo said.

Tallo is now working at Zenhaeusern and Partner AG, a public relations agency in Zurich, Switzerland.

The agency deals with companies such as IT, Micro Technology, Med Tech and Financial Services, just to name a few, Tallo said.

As a student at Fresno State, Tallo was a hard worker.

During winter and summer breaks, Tallo was working in Switzerland as a journalist in the news department for Schweizer Illustrierte Magazine.

“Defeat was not an option for Lucy,â€Â Chantel Wiggins, a former teammate said.

Fresno State tennis coach Simon Thibodeau said Tallo is a good leader and people respect her.

She had high expectations for herself and the team.

She kept in shape and stayed healthy, Thibodeau said, since she was considered the best in the gym and at running.

Tallo̢۪s best ranking for singles was 67 in the nation, and in doubles, she was ranked fifth.

Fresno State wasn̢۪t the only school that wanted Tallo, either. The University of Arizona, Ole Miss and Florida State were a few others who sought her.

It was Fresno State that felt right to her when she visited, she said.

Since her last tournament at Fresno State in 2003, she has not played tennis competitively.

“I think that maybe sometime I will start playing again,â€Â Tallo said. “Sometimes a break is good, I believe.â€Â

Tallo said she might go back to school and get her master̢۪s degree, but she isn̢۪t sure in what.

“I am glad I didn’t [go for a master’s degree] right after graduation,â€Â Tallo said. “After a few years at work you start seeing things differently — and you really discover what you like [and what your strengths and weaknesses are].â€Â

$100
$500

$100
$500

Ash Ketchum BowserNov 8, 2007 at 3:52 pm

Baseball schedule for 2008?

Wasn’t it supposed to be released in mid-October?

Ash Ketchum BowserNov 8, 2007 at 10:52 pm

Baseball schedule for 2008?