Bull-Dog food

On any given day at Dog House Grill you might walk through the double doors to cheers — they’re not for you.

Chances are there is some professional athletic game going on somewhere being shown on the big screen televisions at the restaurant. Professional and Fresno State memorabilia cover the walls in between the big screen TVs.

The grill in the name is not just for looks. As you are pulling into the parking lot, stop and take a whiff. That fine smell is the tri-tip being grilled, finding its way to your nostrils and down into your stomach. Rest assured, the food tastes as good as it smells.

If you are looking for a quiet, romantic meal, Dog House Grill is not the place for you. If the game just finished at the Save Mart Center and you are in the need of a drink, a bite to eat and the postgame show, take a quick walk across the street and you̢۪re home.

There are two things that come out of everyone̢۪s mouth after the restaurant is mentioned: tri-tip steak sandwich and fries. If you are only going to visit the restaurant once, these are the two items you have to order.

The tri-tip is cooked perfectly and seasoned well. Placed in between two halves of a buttered garlic roll and with a generous amount of barbecue sauce, the sandwich is complete. The only thing better than ordering it just how it comes, is adding grilled onions and jack cheese.

For only $2.99, the basket of fries is not only a steal, it might just be the best item on the menu. Cooked just to the right texture, the shoestring potatoes and the right amount of seasoning sets Dog House fries apart from others. Ask for ranch and barbecue sauce to dip into for the ultimate treat.

A healthier option would be the grilled chicken sandwich. Charbroiled chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, sprouts, mayonnaise, barbecue sauce and jack cheese all on a wheat bun. Split it in half and you still have a generous portion.

If you are leaning even farther down the health line, try the steak cobb salad. Tri-tip steak puts a different spin on this salad classic. A small or large option is available.

There are three seating options available at the restaurant. You can either order at the front, get a number and seat yourself or be waited on. The prices are the same for any option, but tipping waiters is highly suggested if you get served. Beware though; seating is not always available immediately.

Two people may be able to fit in a meal under $20 if they arrange it right, but $25 to $30 is more realistic if you are planning on having a few drinks. Dog House Grill does have a full bar.

Whether you are looking for good food or just to meet up with friends for drinks and to catch the latest game, Dog House Grill has something to offer to everyone.

Dog House Grill is located across the street from the Save Mart Center at 2789 E. Shaw Ave.

$100
$500

$100
$500

cateringOct 11, 2012 at 2:25 am

Its not my first time to pay a quick visit this site, i am browsing this
    web page dailly and obtain good data from here every day.

sara deanDec 8, 2008 at 2:49 pm

hi. i really liked your article. your passion and intreague for the subject lept off the page. i hope you become a journalist….

sara deanDec 8, 2008 at 9:49 pm