WEB-SPE@K: Does Lot V’s reopening help you?

Monday marked the reopening of Lot V, freeing up a little over 700 new parking spots for students. Has the reopening of the lot helped alleviate the trouble you have had finding parking on campus?

Be sure to read the print edition of next Friday̢۪s issue of The Collegian for featured comments.

The Collegian reserves the right to edit material for length, content, spelling and grammar, as well as the right to refuse publication of any material submitted. All material submitted to The Collegian becomes property of The Collegian. We would like to encourage readers to continue to submit their ideas and opinions. We look forward to a lively and open discussion with our readers.

$100
$500

$100
$500

DevinOct 25, 2007 at 10:27 am

How do we restructure the committees that oversee parking?

I can see clearly that the important decisions are left to a few at the top. How can staff take over designated student parking places and restripe them into yellow zones without consulting the entire student body to vote on such a matter?

How is it that our university can now charge for Lot V’s solar spots at a premium price without the student body voting on such matters?

Why are the restriped yellow spots located directly behind Joyal?

How can we allow these formerly (at capacity) used students spots to become employee/faculty spots that have not been even close to used in the past two weeks since being striped?

Whomever is making the (so-called) decisions about parking at CSUF has blocked students from expressing their outrage and disbelief in their un-democratic process and fouled up business practices.

It’s not practical for any business to develop good business relations then turn around and destroy the customers trust.

This is an example of what is happening to Fresno State’s current business practices. The university policies are unfair regarding open public debate about new projects (such as parking) that can impact an entire community.

No one student should let this continue without demanding that the current policies be restructured to include a majority of student input.

The students have to pay the (increased) fees.

I suggest the staff and board members start making decisions on behalf of the majority – the students and not themselves!

DevinOct 25, 2007 at 5:27 pm

ChaseOct 13, 2007 at 1:19 am

It helps a lot because now it’s easier for me to find parking in LOT C. I never park in the new parking stalls…it’s too far. And expensive PREMIUM parking….it’s like nosebleed section back there…

ChaseOct 13, 2007 at 8:19 am

JuliOct 11, 2007 at 10:58 am

Not in the least bit, because when they opened that lot, they turned the parking, close to Conley Art building, to YELLOW!!! WTF, as if staff doesn’t have enough close parking already.

JuliOct 11, 2007 at 5:58 pm

Joel M.Oct 11, 2007 at 12:26 am

Not really…all of my classes are in the business building so it only added a few minutes of walking even when I parked in the Save Mart Center.

I wouldn’t mind the premium parking section so much if people actually were using it. It’s almost always empty whenever I see it. They eliminated a large section of student parking to create a section of parking that almost no one is using. What a waste.

Also, what’s with the workers still shutting sections of the lot off? If they are still having to do so much work on it maybe they should have waited to re-open it.

Joel M.Oct 11, 2007 at 7:26 am

• L

Larrie Byrd - 33Oct 5, 2007 at 7:17 pm

No, it doesn’t help me one iota—should we be seeing some improvement in parking?

• L

Larrie Byrd - 33Oct 6, 2007 at 2:17 am

No, it doesn’t help me one iota””should we be seeing some improvement in parking?

• L

Larrie Byrd - 33Oct 5, 2007 at 6:56 pm

No it doesn’t help me one iota—should we be seeing some dividends?

• L

Larrie Byrd - 33Oct 6, 2007 at 1:56 am

Salvador GholleyOct 5, 2007 at 3:52 pm

I’ve yet to see any benefit. Is a parking garage just a pipe dream for campus administration?

Salvador GholleyOct 5, 2007 at 10:52 pm

danny noonanOct 5, 2007 at 1:10 pm

Not at all. The concept of VIP parking for faculty willing to pay a premium is rather disgraceful.

danny noonanOct 5, 2007 at 8:10 pm

johnsvangOct 5, 2007 at 11:55 am

No, but it has alleviated parking. I dont see as many people searching for parking.

johnsvangOct 5, 2007 at 6:55 pm

Mike FosterOct 5, 2007 at 9:48 am

Not in the least. Gold Permit ftw!

Actually it has helped the congestion a bit, plus when I drive by it I don’t have to worry about the construction fence sticking out into the road and forcing me into the other lane anymore.

Mike FosterOct 5, 2007 at 4:48 pm

Not in the least. Gold Permit ftw!