The Beatles live on

“Across the Universeâ€Â isn’t the first film to use a lot of songs from The Beatles. Check these out:

i am sam
In this soundtrack for a movie about an autistic man fighting for custody of his daughter, the producers went straight to covers of songs by The Beatles. It̢۪s a perfect fit. The movie wasn̢۪t that great, but the soundtrack sure was.

LOVE
Not a cover album per se, the soundtrack for the standing Cirque de Soleil show instead used widely unheard cuts from The Beatles’ original recording sessions. “While My Guitar Gently Weepsâ€Â in the original George Harrison acoustic? Sign me up.

In My Life

Sir George Martin, producer for much of The Beatles’ eight-year run, produced this compilation of new arrangements and recordings of celebrities singing The Beatles’ songs. Highlights include Robin Williams’ take of “Come Together,â€Â whatever the Amazon.com review says.

Beatallica

Take two parts Metallica, three parts The Beatles and two or three naughty words. Mix vigorously, and you get hard rock renditions of songs that used to have Lennon/McCartney lyrics. That’s what this cover band is all about — well, that and clever titles. Need proof? Their second album has this song: “…and Justice For All My Loving.â€Â