Campus speak

How will you be celebrating Halloween this year?

“This Halloween falls right in the middle of the week on a Wednesday, so I know a lot of the parties and a lot of the festivities already took place this past weekend. There might be something going on Wednesday night, but more than likely I’m going to have homework and work the next day, so I’m going to keep it pretty low key.â€Â

Michael Ruiz
Accounting
Junior

“I’ve already gone to ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’ live in Oakland, but I’m going to a dance and hopefully Santa Cruz, just hanging out downtown. I’m going as Condom Girl — a superhero that keeps youths from having their own.â€Â

Kaitlyn Fiechtner
Undeclared
Freshman

“I’m studying and doing projects. I’m not going out. I’ll probably be passing out candies. I celebrated last weekend. I got dressed up with a lot friends, danced a little bit and spent time with my family.â€Â

Ger Vang
Recreation
Sophomore

“I was going to go down to Santa Barbara last weekend, but there were the fires, so I didn’t know how it was going to be. I had a few friends that went down and they said it was pretty good, but I didn’t want to deal with that. I was going to dress up as an ‘80s PE coach with the short shorts and a tight shirt.â€Â

Early Boykins
Interdisciplinary
Senior

“This is my first time in the U.S., so I’ve never known much about Halloween. I have never celebrated it, but I’d like to and try to know more about the American culture.â€Â

Srinivas Naini
Biotechnology
Graduate Student

“I’ve been out with my girlfriend. We’re dressing up as the same thing: nurses. We thought it’d be kind of funny.â€Â

Chad Endsley
Kinesiology
Senior

“I don’t celebrate Halloween that much, but I like to wear shirts that have gothic images. This will be my first year going trick-or-treating with my friends and their baby.â€Â

Christopher Clark
Mass Communication and Journalism
Junior