With library construction ongoing, some students still find comfy study areas on campus

n_0906_study_areas_2502.jpg
Juan Villa / The Collegian

David Finnegan, above right, a student in the credential program, studies Thursday afternoon before class in the lower lobby of the Kremen School of Education and Human Development. One of the designated alternate study areas, this location is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Some buildings, such as the Science building, house more than one substitute study space. Lobbies on all three floors of the building are open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Working on her laptop, at right, Clara Martinez said UC 200 is quiet, which makes her able to study there. Reading in a chair, Alma Ochoa also said she enjoys UC 200’s “really quietâ€Â atmosphere, as well as the “comfy seatsâ€Â and large desks in the second-floor study space. The designated quiet study room, located above Round Table Pizza, is open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. A map of the various study spaces can be viewed by visiting www.maddenlibrary.org and clicking on the link “Alternate Study Areas.â€Â

$100
$500

$100
$500

Mike GreysonSep 7, 2007 at 6:04 pm

every campus study area shuts by midnight—-the 24 hour computer lab closes at midnight. The library shuts at 8pm——that’s right alumni——wrap your brain around that one. You’re developing devoted college football fans at your alma matter….Not thinking, breathing, professionably viable students.

Mike GreysonSep 8, 2007 at 1:04 am