Lady ̢۪Dogs win at home, break 4-game losing streak

The Fresno State women̢۪s volleyball team (3-9) broke a four-game losing streak and won its first match in conference play Saturday against the lowest-ranked team in the Western Athletic Conference.

The Bulldogs, now 1-1 in conference play, won 3-0 over Louisiana Tech at the Save Mart Cener with scores of 30-28, 30-28, 30-25, respectively.

“When you’re at home and you’re facing the team picked to finish last in your conference, it puts a lot of pressure on you,â€Â Fresno State coach Ruben Nieves said. “This was a critical match for us. It would have felt really bad to lose.â€Â

Behind 27-26 in the first game, the Bulldogs scored the four points needed for the win.

Louisiana Tech took a 4-0 lead in game two before both teams rallied back and forth to tie it up at 17, and again at 28.

The final two points were scored by kills from Shannon Phillips and Tairyn Rasmussen. Rasmussen hit .250 overall with 13 kills.

The Bulldogs lead early in game three but the Lady Techsters continued to fight and tied it up at 15. Once the score hit 21-20, the ̢۪Dogs dominated and won game three to take the match 3-0.

Lacey Gera had 14 kills and hit a season-best .375 hitting percentage.

The last win for the ̢۪Dogs was over nationally ranked Arkansas at the Kansas State Invitational.

The Bulldogs were down 2-0 and came back to win 3-2.

“Record wise, we wish we had a couple more wins,â€Â Nieves said. “There are a couple games I think we could have won if we replayed them but I think this was the best serve-receive game we’ve had all season.â€Â