‘Dog Bites

Soccer

After a scoreless first half, the Fresno State women̢۪s soccer team dropped a Sunday afternoon contest to Loyola Marymount, 2-0. The loss dropped the Bulldogs to 3-4.

Ali Sill, Nicole Gutierrez and Lauren Satterlee each had two shot attempts.

The Bulldogs best opportunity to score in the first half came when a header by Nicole Gutierrez from a free kick bounced off the cross bar in the 10th minute.

In the 57th minute Fresno State nearly took the lead on a Satterlee free kick, but LMU goalie Joslyn Slovek got a hand on it to tip it over the cross bar.

Five minutes later LMU scored its first goal of the game and then added another in the 85th minute to up the lead to 2-0.

The Bulldogs return to Bulldog Stadium on Friday at 7 p.m. when they play host to Conference USA foe UTEP.

Volleyball

The Fresno State volleyball team fell 3-1 at Idaho on Saturday. The loss drops the Bulldogs to 2-2 in the WAC and 4-10 overall.

The Vandals came out swinging in game one, hitting .378 compared to just .093 for the Bulldogs for the 30-18 win. Idaho̢۪s Haley Larsen, who is third in the nation for kills per game (5.28), hit .529 with 10 kills on 17 attempts. Alisha McKee led Fresno State with four kills.

Game two was back and forth before the Bulldogs prevailed with a 31-29 victory. Freshmen Tairyn Rasmussen and Lauren Berger led the Bulldogs with five kills a piece. Kelly Mason had six digs.

Idaho took game three 30-26. McKee and Berger had four kills each and Angela Wiggins had four digs.

The Vandals took game four 30-27, despite the Bulldogs hitting a match-high .190. Kelly Leonardo had five kills.

For the match, Idaho outhit Fresno State .225 to .147. McKee led the Bulldogs for the second-straight match with 13 kills. Berger and Rasmussen also tallied double-digit kills with 12 and 10 respectively. Lisa Gera led the team with 19 digs.

Upcoming Events

Thursday Sept. 27, Volleyball vs Nevada, 7 p.m. at the Save Mart Center

Friday Sept. 28, Soccer vs. UTEP, 7 p.m. at Bulldog Stadium

Saturday Sept. 29, Football vs. Louisiana Tech, 7 p.m. at Bulldog Stadium

$100
$500

$100
$500

• F

FSDogs1Sep 25, 2007 at 4:50 pm

Football will be fine. WAC play hasn’t even started and the two losses are to top 25 teams. It’s way too early to be a negative nancy, Nancy.

But volleyball’s losing is REALLY getting old…

• F

FSDogs1Sep 25, 2007 at 11:50 pm

Carl JeutesteinSep 25, 2007 at 12:13 pm

all three of the fall team sports might be on their way to losing seasons—-
    W Soccer : 3-4
    W Volleyball : 3-10
    Football : 1-2

WOW

Carl JeutesteinSep 25, 2007 at 7:13 pm

W Soccer : 3-4
    W Volleyball : 3-10
    Football : 1-2

WOW