Final Senior Experience event to honor this year’s graduates

By Jessica Watkins
Collegian Staff Writer

The Senior Experience committee at Fresno State is planning its final celebratory event for Tuesday, May 8, and Wednesday May 9. From 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., the committee will be serving free lunch to seniors in front of the Kennel Bookstore to congratulate them on their achievement.

Throughout the semester, the group has helped put on events such as the Dining Success Dinner and Career Expo and Grad Fair.

“The final senior experience event is a culmination of this year̢۪s senior experience program,” Ken Ternate, co-chair of the Senior Experience committee said. “The event is designed to celebrate the achievements of our graduating seniors.”

The program̢۪s main goals are to prepare seniors for graduation and pre-professional experience, encourage a sense of unity among the senior class and provide a celebratory environment for seniors as they near the big day.

“I think everyone did a great job with the Senior Experience events this year,” Morrow said. “I think next year, with all the booths they have, they should have some counselors out there to answer last-minute questions.”

The Senior Experience committee is working on planning focus groups in the near future to get students ideas on what to plan for the future graduating classes. Surveys will be e-mailed to seniors who participated in the events this semester.

Seniors preparing to graduate this semester were given a commemorative key chain with the Fresno State logo and graduation year, a Senior BARK Book and portfolio to keep all their important graduation paperwork.

“Seniors, we want to recognize the hard work you̢۪ve put in over the past years,” Ternate said. “Come to your final Senior Experience event and celebrate with us as we honor you.”