The One-Finger Salute

Thumbs up to spring football practice. The sooner they start, the sooner we can begin to forget about last season.

Thumbs up to intramural sports. The Collegianators — despite missing their official captain, co-Sports editor Darrell Copeland III — trounced a faculty team 7-4 in their first softball game. Watch out.

Thumbs down to spring break. Yes, we gave it a thumbs down initially, then a thumbs up as it came nearer, but now it’s over — and far too soon. We’ve cut more classes in the last two days than we have all of the rest of the semester combined.

Thumbs down to the construction in parking lot V. We know the solar cells will benefit Fresno State in the long run, but in the meantime, the inconvenience just sucks.

Two thumbs up to “Blades of Glory.” Spandex-clad Will Ferrell makes us nauseous — but he also makes us laugh.

“The One-Finger Salute” is culled each week from discussions in The Collegian newsroom.

$100
$500

$100
$500

The ObserverApr 14, 2007 at 12:33 pm

Thumbs up to thumbs. Not only do these sturdy digits help us express our opinions, they also bring us hours of heartwarming laughter.

The ObserverApr 14, 2007 at 7:33 pm

The ObserverApr 14, 2007 at 7:33 pm