Bulldogs set date for soccer academy

Youngsters between the ages of 5 and 13 will have a chance to learn soccer skills from Fresno State̢۪s women̢۪s soccer team this summer.

The team will hold five sessions between June and August under the direction of Head coach Steve Springthorpe and assistant coaches Christine Johnson and Chris Shaw.

The youngest future World Cup players (ages 5-9) will have a coed camp June 11-14. On the same dates a girls-only session will be held for players between the ages of 10 and 13. Boys of the same age will also have a session June 11-14.

Another session for players 5-9 years old will be held in July 9-12.

To wrap up the summer, a special “team-camp” for girls is scheduled to occur July 30 through August 1. This final session promotes technical efficiency, team interaction and communication skills.

As defending WAC Champions, the Bulldogs should have a lot to offer those in attendance.

The Bulldogs narrowly missed a chance to play in the NCAA Tournament after a tough loss to Nevada in the WAC Tournament.

For more information about the summer sessions, check out www.gobulldogs.com or contact the coaching staff at 278-8302.