Hosley and McGuire receive All-WAC second team honors

The Fresno State men̢۪s basketball team struggled early on during the team̢۪s Western Athletic Conference schedule but a late win streak propelled the Bulldogs into third place in the regular season final standings.

Despite the inconsistencies, the Bulldogs two most consistent players were all-conference selections.

The nine WAC coaches selected Fresno State forwards Quinton Hosley and Dominic McGuire to the all-conference second team. McGuire was also chosen to the all-newcomer team and all-defensive team.

Hosley was selected to the all-conference second team for the second straight season. The senior was a preseason All-WAC selection and led the Bulldogs in both steals and points, averaging 14.4 per game.

McGuire had a record-breaking first season with the Bulldogs. The junior, who transferred from Cal, set a Fresno State single-season record of 107 blocked shots. McGuire demolished the previous record of 92, set by Melvin Ely during the 1999-2000 season. The junior forward led the Bulldogs in rebounds per game, averaging 9.7 per contest.

Hosley and McGuire were consistent scorers and steady on the glass for Fresno State all season. The duo recorded a total of 14 double-double performances (McGuire eight and Hosley six) during the Bulldogs 16 WAC games.

The all-conference standouts will look to continue the ‘Dogs win streak against the WAC tournament sixth seed Boise State on Thursday.