Getting ready to graduate

0313_career_thumb_web.jpgWearing a graduation gown, liberal studies major Ser Cha plays graduate dress-up as her friend Kia Xiong picks up information at Tuesday̢۪s Grad Expo. Both students plan to graduate this spring. Information about graduation was provided at the Internship and Career Expo, which was held at the Save Mart Center. More than 1,000 Fresno State students and alumni were expected to attend the event.

$100
$500

$100
$500

Too Little, Too LateNov 24, 2009 at 3:30 pm

It's bad enough we have to pay for numerous things to go through the ceremony, but for those of us who graduated in December, it's ridiculous to attend the ceremony in May.

Many of us already have jobs, started paying student loans, skipped town, etc. etc. And making it to this graduation ceremony is about the biggest pain ever, not to mention that it's almost as ridiculous as celebrating a birthday six months after the fact.

And it's totally the equivalent of a high school diploma, just much more expensive, to everyone. My celebration was a long time ago and the novelty of not going to class anymore has long worn off.

Mike GreysonMar 15, 2007 at 12:23 pm

A total debacle. I concur. Sucked big time. This is honestly in the student’s best intererest? How about at least a second or third functioning computer lab? Or a place to study that doesn’t shut down at 10pm? This university is starting to forget it’s mission. It sucks.

Mike GreysonMar 15, 2007 at 7:23 pm

Too Little, Too LateMar 14, 2007 at 1:42 pm

It’s bad enough we have to pay for numerous things to go through the ceremony, but for those of us who graduated in December, it’s ridiculous to attend the ceremony in May.

Many of us already have jobs, started paying student loans, skipped town, etc. etc. And making it to this graduation ceremony is about the biggest pain ever, not to mention that it’s almost as ridiculous as celebrating a birthday six months after the fact.

And it’s totally the equivalent of a high school diploma, just much more expensive, to everyone. My celebration was a long time ago and the novelty of not going to class anymore has long worn off.

Mike GreysonMar 14, 2007 at 9:12 am

The graduation fair sucked. A college degree has become this decades version of a high school diploma.

Mike GreysonMar 14, 2007 at 4:12 pm