Fresno State vs. Ohio Bobcats

Fresno State softball fans can take pride in knowing that when the Bulldogs put their best foot forward, the sky is the limit. After a 6-1 win over No. 2 Arizona State in the Judi Garman Classic, the evidence speaks for itself.

Unfortunately, for those same fans, that performance was followed up by losses to unranked opponents Notre Dame and DePaul.
When this inconsistency is fixed, talks of a deep postseason run can begin.

With Ohio coming into town, the Bulldogs can̢۪t afford to have a letdown. The Bobcats are led by senior Debbie Szalejko, who is batting a team-high .431 and was named the MAC East Player of the Week last week.

Ideally for the Bulldogs, this is a doubleheader that should serve as a tune-up for the WAC season, which is set to begin Friday in Reno, Nevada.

1. Haley Perkins (SS): Great contact hitter leading the team in hits (38)

2. Jenna Cervantez (2B): One time defensive specialist is quickly becoming a feared hitter for opposing teams

3. Nichole Willis (C): Average (.275) not a depiction of her abilities

4. Kristin Sylvester (1B): Easily the hottest hitter on the team right now

5. Merryann Barr (DP): Lefty is very good at using the opposite field

6. Robin Mackin (P): Struggles at the plate are surprising; success in the circle is not

7. Ashley White (3B): Seems to be settling in at third base, but her .197 average is not getting it done

8. Lisamarie Coronado (RF): Capable of having a big game at any time, but inconsistency has been her Achilles̢۪ heel

9. Michelle Palazuelos (CF): Doesn̢۪t make enough contact to showcase her speed, but her ability to roam centerfield is impressive