‘Dogs continue winning way

The Fresno State women̢۪s tennis team is not only winning, it̢۪s winning in blowout fashion.

Add No. 20 Colorado to the list of the 10-straight opponents the Bulldogs have knocked off, including three that at the time, held a top 25 ranking. In Monday̢۪s match against Colorado, the Bulldogs (12-2) eased their way to a 6-1 victory over the Buffaloes.

The Bulldogs established their dominance early, winning all three of their doubles matches to earn the doubles point. Singles matches for the Bulldogs were no different, as No. 3 Melanie Gloria, No. 71 Renata Kucerkova, No. 70 Anastasia Petukhova and Danon Beatty all buzz-sawed through their opponents.

“We came out very strong in doubles and executed well,” Fresno State head coach Simon Thibodeau said in a statement. “This was a good Colorado team that had wins over William and Mary and Baylor.”

The Bulldogs will return to the court Saturday for a noon start against UC Irvine at the Wathen Tennis Center.

$100
$500

$100
$500

JDNov 24, 2009 at 3:31 pm

this article mentions nothing about USC.

• R

ryanApr 12, 2007 at 11:55 pm

Hmmm… Why does it matter who plays who anyway? It’s not like a baby playing an adult anymore or maybe it is for the troys.

• R

ryanApr 13, 2007 at 6:55 am

• R

ryanApr 13, 2007 at 6:55 am

• F

FSDogs1Mar 29, 2007 at 12:24 pm

True, this article didn’t, but it was in the news on the day I posted…USC appealed its loss to Fresno State and the NCAA upheld, stating that Fresno State switched its No. 3 and No. 4 players to get an advantage.

• F

FSDogs1Mar 29, 2007 at 7:24 pm

• F

FSDogs1Mar 29, 2007 at 7:24 pm

• H

Hitenda NaddsMar 29, 2007 at 9:03 am

Why doesn’t it mention the USC-FS tennis scandal?

• H

Hitenda NaddsMar 29, 2007 at 4:03 pm

• H

Hitenda NaddsMar 29, 2007 at 4:03 pm

JDMar 28, 2007 at 5:04 pm

Mike GreysonMar 28, 2007 at 12:34 pm

USC is a debacle. The people who generally attend USC sporting events or the actual university are pompous and as FSDogs1 points out, egotistical. The “song crew?”…..come on now. When they came to the SMC for men’s hoops, we let those little entitled prepies on our HOME COURT to do their little dance for goodness sake. We traveled down to USC to give them highly touted home matches (football in 2005 and w-tennis in ’07)—a good challenge in both events—-and their tennis coach gets all worked up over a 3rd ranked player switching places with a 4? Well, tennis is a joke anyway if you read anything into these “team play rules.” What other sport forces you to play equally competetive individuals? If an MLB closer goes in to a game in the 7th, the other team has to follow suit when they play the bottom? But the fact that their coach got all huffy in attempt to keep his team’s high ranking is awful. Fresno St. is the better tennis team (indicated by on-court results) and will dominate come tournament time. This is another shameful act by the university that produced back-stabber Ornathal James Simpson. USC—University of Spoiled Children, University of Sicko Criminals………debacle.

Mike GreysonMar 28, 2007 at 7:34 pm

Mike GreysonMar 28, 2007 at 7:34 pm

• F

FSDogs1Mar 28, 2007 at 8:37 am

USC = sour grapes

They have the most arrogant, ego-driven fans in college football who like to steal license plates from the visiting fans…and now their tennis team gets beaten by The State and they protest…

Show some class in defeat Trojans!

• F

FSDogs1Mar 28, 2007 at 3:37 pm

USC = sour grapes

Show some class in defeat Trojans!

• F

FSDogs1Mar 28, 2007 at 3:37 pm

USC = sour grapes

Show some class in defeat Trojans!