Bulldogs add assistant to staff

Chris Shaw, a former professional soccer player, will be joining Fresno State̢۪s soccer program. Shaw is the former head coach of Mount Olive College in North Carolina, a Division II school.

Shaw was named 2004̢۪s Coach of the Year for turning around Mount Olive̢۪s program. The team went from a record of 3-15 to leading the nation in offensive scoring and finishing out the year 20-3.

Fresno State head coach Steve Springthorpe said he was thrilled Shaw was joining the program.

“Chris brings a wealth of experience and professionalism that will only strengthen our program and help our team to continue to succeed in our conference and at the regional and national level,” Springthorpe said.

Under Shaw̢۪s leadership Mount Olive won its first conference championship and won a team academic award.

Shaw said, “Fresno State is already one of the best teams in the WAC, and I’m looking forward to being part of that tradition.”

$100
$500

$100
$500

Mike GreysonMar 17, 2007 at 11:07 am

Wake me when the administration brings the men’s team back. They sucked but at least they were PAC-10.

Mike GreysonMar 17, 2007 at 6:07 pm