AS election season begins

Students interested in running for 2007-2008 Associated Students offices may pick up their petitions beginning at 9 a.m. Tuesday, March 20.

The petitions will be available in the AS office, located in USU 316, and online at the AS Web site, http://as.csufresno.edu.

Potential candidates must be in good standing and may not be on probation for any reason. Undergraduate candidates are expected to maintain at least a 2.0 GPA and a course load minimum of six units. Graduate students must maintain a 3.0 GPA and carry at least three units.

Students who are interested in running for president, vice president or vice president of finance will be required to collect 50-75 signatures from currently enrolled students supporting their petition. Students who wish to run for senatorial positions will need to gather 15-25 signatures.

Students running for senator positions that represent the academic colleges must be declared majors of that school.

Petitions are due April 10 by 9 a.m.

For questions concerning the petition process or for more information please contact the AS office at 278-2656.