Fresno State’s fourth Paws-N-Go is located in the north entrance of the Resnick Student Union on the first floor. (Manuel Hernandez/The Collegian)

Fourth Paws-N-Go location opens in RSU

Fresno State’s Resnick Student Union (RSU) now hosts the university’s fourth Paws-N-Go location. 

At Paws-N-Goes around campus, students can purchase a variety of snacks, including treats, frozen food, a grab-and-go sandwich or other convenient foods. Each location is unique and offers different snacks.

There currently are Paws-n-Go Market locations at the North Gym Building, the Snack Bar at the Satellite Student Union (SSU) and the Café at the Peters Business Kremen Education Building. 

The newest location is the Paws-N-Go Café on the north side of the RSU, which offers snacks and has its own coffee machine that allows students to customize their drinks, offering an alternative to Starbucks. The coffee machine offers new syrups including peppermint, pumpkin spice, white chocolate, classic hazelnut, classic caramel, french vanilla and sugar-free. 

As of right now, it is the only available dining option in the RSU.­

At the new Paws-N-Go Café, located on the north side of the RSU, Fresno State students can customize their coffee with a self-serving coffee maker. (Manuel Hernandez/The Collegian)

Employees said that some of the most popular snacks available now are the protein bars and the Snak Club treats like trail mix, dried fruit and candy. 

With the latest Paws-N-Go being in such close proximity to busy students, it is a convenient place to get a snack or beverage before continuing with their days.

The latest location will be open Mondays through Fridays from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.. Each Paws-N-Go location has different hours that can be referenced at Fresno State’s dining options section of the website.

Since the RSU’s soft opening on Sept. 22, the space has become a new and easy place for students to study, work and relax. 

“I have been coming to the RSU because it is new. Instead of going to the old student union or library, I like coming here. On top of that, the architecture is amazing,” said Fresno State senior Izaiah Cazaras.

In the future the RSU will feature not only the existing Paws-N-Go, but also a Habit Burger and Grill; a healthy soup and salad option; and an expanded Taco Bell.